My Final Collection; (themermaidwardrobe)

Can you believe it's been 9 months since I last posted? And no, despite the weird timing, I can assure you I haven't disappeared to...

Can you believe it's been 9 months since I last posted? And no, despite the weird timing, I can assure you I haven't disappeared to have a baby. I have, however, been completely swamped down with university final year work up until last week. I AM OFFICIALLY FREE. And you know, new life new URL etc, so welcome to Style-Creature, the home to an unemployed, recent graduates rambles with a fashionable twist.

So anyone who knows anything about a fashion degree will know it's basically your own personal hell, emotionally (and financially). However, through the tears, stress, binging on wispa bites and red bulls, I have made it through! Two weeks ago was the big reveal of all our hard work!

Now usually final collections are made of 5-6 looks, however I opted for 3 as my sewing skills aren't as good as my portfolio skills! So as opposed to a traditional catwalk show we had an interactive display with live models, music and an over active smoke machine. My collection is named Suburban Superwoman, and it's inspired by the 1950's housewife's and sexism, a concept brought back to life by the recent outrage at Donald Trump's sexist attitudes, resulting in the women's marches across the world...
Look 1: Smocked velvet sweatshirt and tailored wool trousers
Look 2: Hand screen printed sweatshirt and guipure lace skirt, accessorised with oven gloves
Look 3: Pink wool coat over screen printed panelled skirt and digitally printed blouse.

Unfortunately the lighting wasn't very good for photographs (v angry about this, does my collection really look like it requires mood lighting? nah) so the quality isn't great. But what can you do! For updates on my design work/my journey I have an instagram page @elizabethwaltondesign. 

I'm heading to graduate fashion week this sunday and will be working on the Northumbria stand presenting my work, come and say hey if you're about! 

Love Elizabeth 

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Comments

  1. Oh wow Elizabeth! Your pieces are incredible, so so stunning! Congrats on finishing too, I know how hard those final weeks can be, but girl, you did it! xxx

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my blog it always makes my day! :D I read every single one so leave me a question and I'll get back to you as soon as I can <3